With 20+ years experience in the non-profit world, I love being able to use my creative skills to help worthy causes elevate their message – especially as marketing budgets can be quite limiting for them. Following are samples of some of my most recent work.
enCourage Kids Foundation
After 30 years as a chapter of a global organization, enCourage Kids Foundation (formerly Starlight Children’s Foundation NY*NJ*CT) separated in October 2015 to become an independent non-profit, continuing its work and presence in the tri-state area.
With the transition, I was brought on board to manage and produce the creation of all new content for digital and marketing purposes, including the launch of a new website and starting & building a social media presence.
- Created new website and blog – showcasing programs, events, and community partners. Trained staff to manage & maintain editorial calendar.
- Photographed and filmed programs and events to create a new inventory of media to be shared across multiple platforms.
Edited videos to highlight organization and specific programs.
- Established social media presence (including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn) and created an internal social media policy.
- Created temporary materials that were used during the transition as new branding was being developed.
- Consulted with Executive Director on strategic ideas to build upon existing partnerships and relationships to increase the organization’s effectiveness and visibility.
Images from enCourage Kids Programs – Click to view larger
Big Apple Greeter
Big Apple Greeter, a free welcome-visitor service from NYC volunteers, was in need of a complete website revamp. I managed the project, including overseeing the creation of new content, new photography, and implementing a new design and graphics.