With 20+ years experience in the non-profit world, I love being able to use my creative skills to help worthy causes elevate their message – especially as marketing budgets can be quite limiting for them. Following are samples of some of my most recent work.
2018 Freedom of the Press Awards Dinner
For their annual Awards Dinner, Reporters Committee wanted a unique, cohesive look created to be used across all of their event collateral. In addition, with four honorees, Reporters Committee wanted to control the timing of the ceremony by having pre-packaged videos to introduce each of them, along with a new organization video.
I was brought on board to produce all of these pieces. View more of the story below. (View 2019’s story here.)
Kids for Kids Foundation
I worked with the Kids for Kids Foundation on establishing a new voice for the organization, redesigning their website, creating promotional materials, and building their photo and video library. View the story to learn more about the work I created for them.
Special Project: Breaking Barriers
A World Record Setting Event for enCourage Kids Foundation
24 Hours | 12,000 Boards | Unlimited Courage
On Thursday, May 11, 2017 martial arts master Leif Becker Broke Barriers in support of the enCourage Kids Foundation by setting a new world record for the most boards broken in a 24-hour period. Hosted at Ripley’s Believe it or Not!, Leif broke 12,120 boards in front of the nearly 360,000 visitors who pass through Times Square daily.
The event highlighted enCourage Kids Foundation message of courage, strength, and determination while showcasing the bravery of kids and families fighting illness. Each board broken represented the physical or medical challenges that sick kids live with every day.
Here’s the story on how the campaign came together.
After 30 years as a chapter of a global organization, enCourage Kids Foundation (formerly Starlight Children’s Foundation NY*NJ*CT) separated in October 2015 to become an independent non-profit, continuing its work and presence in the tri-state area.
With the transition, I was brought on board to manage and produce the creation of all new content for digital and marketing purposes, including the launch of a new website and starting & building a social media presence.
- Created new website and blog – showcasing programs, events, and community partners. Trained staff to manage & maintain editorial calendar.
- Photographed and filmed programs and events to create a new inventory of media to be shared across multiple platforms.
Edited videos to highlight organization and specific programs.
- Established social media presence (including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn) and created an internal social media policy.
- Created temporary materials that were used during the transition as new branding was being developed.
- Consulted with Executive Director on strategic ideas to build upon existing partnerships and relationships to increase the organization’s effectiveness and visibility.
Images from enCourage Kids Programs – Click to view larger
Big Apple Greeter, a free welcome-visitor service from NYC volunteers, was in need of a complete website revamp. I managed the project, including overseeing the creation of new content, new photography, and implementing a new design and graphics.